I have new published app on the market! There’s still a lot of stuff I want to add to the app in the coming weeks/months, but it was ready for a v1 release. I’ll update this post once new stuff has been pushed to the app.
It’s been a while since I wrote something so here’s something I had in my backlog that had me scratching my head some time ago.
I decided to give my WP7 app a much needed overhaul and eventually release a WP8 version. I started by pulling all the Model and ViewModel code to a separate library so I can then have an app for 7 and 8. One of the features I planned to update for a while but never got to it was to have the image viewer actually work like an image viewer.
In the previous post I briefly touched on how the API calls for GoodReads looked like, now I’m going to mention authentication.
If you take a look at the GoodReads forums there are a lot of people with a few authentication troubles here and there, and solutions… not so much.
UPDATE: I actually started this app before universal apps were announced and was using PCLs for the shared bits, but I have since updated that project to a Universal App.
Well, I have a backlog of apps I want to build, and I’ve decided to start with an app that uses the Goodreads API.