So decided to build a quick game base off of Voltorb Flip from the pokemon NDS games.

If you’ve never played it (or heard of it) it feels like a Sudoku meets Minesweeper mashup. I loved playing it in my DS and wanted to be able to play it when I didn’t have it with me, so just went for it and coded it up.

Continue Reading ...

As part of an ongoing project of mine, I build a very simple app to compare development on Android vs Xamarin.

This was intended to be a very simple thing, just to point out the first things one would notice between the two environments. This probably didn’t even warrant a post, but there was one thing that did stand out for me.

Continue Reading ...

Two things that have been on my to do list for a while were learning a bit more Android and Xamarin, so I decided to do both at the same time. The plan was refresh my knowledge of Android and build something with it, and then reproduce it in Xamarin, and use it as an exercise to compare them.

Continue Reading ...

With a new year starting I tasked myself to get a bit more active with my current and upcoming projects, as well as this website, so I’ve been setting up my dev environment from scratch to start the year with a clean slate.

A while back, I decided to move this site from a relatively cumbersome Wordpress to a rather nimble Jekyll instance.

Continue Reading ...

I finally published my Goodreads client: myShelf. It has actually been on the store for a while, but I just haven’t had time to do a quick write down on it.

There were a few reasons behind building this app: the main website looked a bit dull (it has since been updated to look more modern), and not that good on mobile, but offered a lot of great features for people who loved to read.

Continue Reading ...